St. Mary’s will be following guidance from The Church of England which draws on advice about best practice from the NHS and Public Health England this includes:
1. No physical touch at welcome or departure.
2. No physical touch at the Peace
3. No passing round collection baskets – we will have baskets on plinths at front and at the back of the church, and people can place their offerings there as they enter or depart or as they come for communion, or leave after communion.
4. Communion is to be taken in ‘one kind’ – bread only
5. Communion to be taken standing, not kneeling at altar rail.
6. No teas and coffees at the end of the services.
Please stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
At this time, there is no guidance to cancel services.
Please click here for the most up-to-date information from the Church of England
Please click here for the most up-to-date information from the NHS